I'm feeling super-mondo sick today with a dumb little cold.
I complained about it on facebook, saying "Dude, moms need Sick Days."
While downing some Day-Quil this morning, I was thinking about how I wish Tyler was here; not because I'd rather be sleeping right now (although I would love that), but because I just want his company. It also got me thinking about all the nice perks that Tyler's job gives him (specifically PTO).
It made me realize how much I love the perks of being a mother. If being a mother was a job, I guess you could say I work for my kids... that they would be my employers. Yes, sometimes I have a very bossy two year old "boss," but my kids give me lots of wonderful perks as well. I began to list them in my head...
• Free artwork
• Free comedy shows - although, now when Dani says she wants to tell me a joke she just whispers in my ear "I love you"
• Lots of affection
• No need to pay for a gym membership (ok, that's not entirely true... I still need major help in that department, but you should try holding Talmage for more than 4 seconds and then tell me that's not a workout)
• Free entertainment - oh, the entertainment!!
• I could sing all day and no one gets sick of it... in fact, they smile and I believe they actually enjoy it. (Especially if I remember the songs from Busytown Mysteries)
• Lots of smiles
• Always feeling wanted (although sometimes this is hard, I do enjoy being the one to calm a crying baby or watch their faces light up when they see me or hold them on my lap)
• A colorful wardrobe - spit up and spilled juice make any outfit so much more colorful
• Seeing holidays through a child's eyes
• A great excuse to get up and dance crazy... or just be crazy (and no one looks at me strange)
• A great excuse to sit and play with legos
• Making fancy meals means using a cookie cutter to create new sandwich shapes or making a "sushi" sandwich
• Free wake up calls... yeah
• My own personal cheerleader... even when I go to the bathroom. Now who gets that with their job??
• Getting to squeeze and kiss and hug and tickle baby rolls whenever I want
• Receiving tons of cuddles when they are sick
Of course there are tons more.
Between mine and Tyler's daily routines, I think I've got the better end of the deal.
Sorry you have to go to work today Tyler! (Yabba dabba dooo, iiiiiit's Friday!!)