Saturday, December 13, 2008

Or...?

So yesterday morning I was having major back/left side pains that killed like no other. I was a little worried, but decided that maybe if I took a nap the pain would go away. About 5 minutes later I yell down to Tyler (well I tried to yell, it took all my effort to yell) that I was in too much pain and we need to go to my doctor. He calls the doctors office and they set up an appointment for 2 o'clock. 2 o'clock! That was an hour away. I was writhing with so much pain we just decided to leave hoping they could get us in a little early.
We walk into the office and I had to make a beeline for the restroom making it just in time to toss the cookies (the first of many). After a lot of stuff you probably don't want to hear about, a few tests, and sending me to another clinic, we come to find out I have kidney stones. Kidney stones?! Kidney stones...or? I was surprised. I'm only 23. But I was pretty relieved too that it wasn't something worse. The pain hurt sooo bad.
I do have to count my blessings, though. I had the day off work, so I was already home during all of this. Tyler had the day off work too because he unexpectedly got dropped with some PTO days that needed to be used up before the end of the year. I'm so glad he was here to help take care of me, give me a blessing with his brother, get my medicine, and just be with me through it all. Lots of other many blessings occurred yesterday because of that, and I'm really thankful!
I am doing better today, fyi. I'm still pretty weak and just taking it easy.
This is a funny scene from friends that I was reminded of:

12 comments:

  1. Oh man! I hear kidney stones are NO fun. Sorry! And hope you are back to normal soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kidney stones?? You don't hear that everyday from someone so young! My dad had those and it seems like the most painful thing in the world! I hear it's much easier for girls though (for reasons I won't explain).

    Hey, so remember when you told me that the Parks were moving out in April? I just had a couple questions and I don't know who they are. Have they found someone to take their place yet, so you know? Where do they live? Do ou happen to know how muc they pay a month?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been there! I'm soo sorry! Have they passed? I thought mine had but they didn't for about a week! It is torture! I'm happy to hear you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sooooooooooooooo sory that happend. so did you pass it? i really hope so. No more pain for Emily!(that is until you have your first baby) no, but really i hope your doing better VERY soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness, yeah I hear its very common for women after 20 years of age to get them but its more common for women who have kids to get them....i'm worried! i'm sorry. I had a friend who had them and to see the pain she was in was not pretty i felt so bad! sorry and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy! We just saw you Thursday night and then the next day you get kidney stones?! So sorry. Glad you're doing better though.

    If you need anything let us know! We could bring all seasons of Gilmore Girls!! :) or Harry Potter! or some wii games! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Alright, that clip is hilarious! Probably not for you right now. I totally forgot about that scene. Thanks for the laughs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoah that's rough! I'm glad you're feeling a bit better - and hope you feel 100% soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry...my dad gets kidney stones and he says there is nothing like the pain they cause. Ihope you get feeling better soon, I bet they miss you at work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you poor poor thing!!! I hear it is the worst thing in the world!! Hope you feel better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had no idea! Oh my gosh! I'm glad you're feeling better, but wow. I'm so sorry and hope you have a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. ugh! that does not sound like fun. i hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete

It's the cool thing to do.