Sunday, January 31, 2010

1, 2, 3, 4...

1.  The outfits are up for voting on my fashion blog.  Go ahead and visit HERE.

2.  I just watched Julie and Julia...cute movie... and now I want to cook more new recipes and own a pearl necklace.

3. Danica turns 6 months old on Tuesday.  Car-razy!

4.  ALSO, a couple of us are getting together this Thursday evening at 4:00 to make bows and flowers for headbands/hair.  You're invited, so if you'd like to join in, let me know.  It'll be fun!
We were thinking that each person could bring their own supplies, and if you feel like it (no obligations though) we could trade or share.
These would be the basic supplies you'd want to bring:
*artificial flowers (I buy mine at the Dollar Store or Honks, but you can buy them at any craft store)
*hair clips (there are many kinds you can use.  I use THESE and you can buy 100 for $5 at Sally's.  They also have smaller packages though.)
*ribbon... if you want to make bows.
*ribbon... if you want to cover your clips.  (I cover my clips with ribbon that is 1/2" and I believe it takes about 8 or 9 inches to cover the inside and outside of each clip)
*If you want to bring decorative embellishments... like jewels or buttons
*Another option is felt.  You can make some cute flowers out of that.
*If you have a glue gun, you can bring that as well.
And I believe that's it!  Let me know if you want to come.

3 comments:

  1. let me tell you how lame it is that you live so far away and i can't come over at the drop of a dime. i think you should plan a party out here of teaching me how to do that kind of stuff. marie was talking about coming out some time. maybe you should too!! that would be swell!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't believe she's going to be 6 months already!! You should post some tutorials on your hair bows and headbands. I need to start figuring out that stuff! Also, what do you think works best for when they are newborn for headbands? I don't want my girl to look like a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Emily, I noticed you used one of my photographs in your hairclip collage. Normally, another blogger would ask permission or at least provide credit or link, but you haven't done either. I couldn't find your email or I wouldn't have brought this up in the comments.

    ReplyDelete

It's the cool thing to do.