Friday, February 26, 2010

How come once I'm really starting to get in the groove of a daily routine with Danica, she decides to change it?  It happens all the time.  She's a growing girl and I know change is inevitable, but a little heads up or clue here and there would be nice.  Haha.

One of the many things I've learned as a new mom is that plans can (and most likely will) change.  So I just expect plans to change... or sometimes don't even make any.  And I try to give myself a lot of extra time to get things done.

The life of a mom with a 7 month old:

*We bought a package of 96, size 2 diapers, and after about 5 diapers and 3 leaks (yuck!), I'm thinking she needs to be moved up to a size 3.  I guess that's ok because diapers always seem to run out faster than you can say....... well anything.

*Words to remember: Sleep when you can.  Shower when you can.  You don't know when you'll get another chance.

*Just gotta say, I wish we had a laundromat in our house.

*All those baby toys are cool, but if they're not put away you've got to be careful where you kneel because velcro and nylons do not mix!

*Actually, just forget about buying toys...all the things you've already got laying around the house - they like those better anyway.

*While you're at it, you might as well forget the burp cloths.  It doesn't matter where you place it, the spit up is not going to land there.  It will land everywhere, but on the burp cloth.

(Honestly, though, I probably use about a bigillion burp cloths) 


Well, even so, I can't look at my life and not see all the positives in it, as well. Being a mom is so rewarding... all the adventures I have are actually quite fun!  Maybe not in the moment, but I wouldn't have traded a single one of them.  And even in the moment, with just a quick look and a smile from Danica any stress I have is forgotten. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's the cool thing to do.